We went to the library for family story time the other day and Miss Nancy pulled out this book called Valenswine's Day. It had a picture of 2 pigs on the cover who undoubtedly were "in love". Miss Nancy asked the children, "ValenSWINE? Does anyone know what swine means?" My Word of Wisdom obeying son Henry pipes up, "It's a drink that's really bad for you!"
Jack has trouble pronouncing the sound th. Instead of saying "thank" he says "tank". The other day at dinner he said something and I corrected him by saying, "Jack, THANK not TANK." He looked so confused. I said, "Jack say 'thank'." He said, "Tank" He was startled at what had just come out of his mouth! Then I said, "...say think, thank, thunk" He said, "tink, tank, tunk" He just about fell off his chair laughing! He kept saying it over and over and just kept laughing and laughing. Kayla and Henry were laughing too. They kept challenging Jack by asking him to say other th words... he didn't disappoint! We were all cracking up!! Jack was a really good sport about it which made it even more fun!
disclaimer: we don't normally use the dinner table as a venue where we make fun of our children or allow the children to make fun of each other... sometimes we just get lucky and have a good laugh together!
1 comment:
I love your disclaimer ~ I think I should hang one outside my front door that says: "If you heard me yelling before you rang the bell, I don't normally do that." haha Your so clever!!!
Post a Comment