Saturday, February 5, 2011

Catchin' Up!

We've been really busy lately and I thought I'd bee slacking on picture taking but then I realized I have lots of photos to post!
Henry and Kayla marked their 100th day of school last week. Henry had an assignment to create a 100 day of school creature using 100 of something. We used cups (they may look familiar from his Lego Halloween costume). He decided that his creature lived under ground, ate bugs and hated the sun! He got 100%!! I'm so proud of him. He has a great imagination!!!
Henry and Kayla both received awards this quarter at school. They both got straight A's again and Kayla got a citizenship award for all E's. (Kayla was 1 of only 6 kids in 4th grade to get straight A's)
There are usually lots of kids playing in our backyard,,, during daylight. After dark it's another story! There's a raccoon that lives in the drain in front of our neighbors house and he enjoys our backyard too. He goes in the neighbor's backyard and into our yard through the broken fence. After seeing what that little rodent is doing to our yard Lars fixed the fence!
Brinley loves to take her turn leading the song for Family Home Evening.
Our landlord sent a guy over to our house with a key to the fireplace. We Love It!! It really seems to calm everyone down. Not sure if it's because of the warmth and ambiance or because it's a gas fireplace...hummmmm.
We've been playing dress up... lots and lots of dress up! It was very quiet after lunch one day. Lars and I were upstairs helping Henry and Jack with something. I forgot that Brinley was still "eating"... my mistake!! PEPPERCORNSLovin' Little People!

Fixin' the Yukon! Lars replaced the fuel filter and then the fuel pump with some help from a guy in our ward! I cut Brinley's hair again. Don't look too close. Her hair is getting really thick and harder to cut.


It was supposed to snow but it just iced instead. It's been sooooo cold! Like below freezing for a couple of days! We aren't used to that kind of weather!!

This is the playhouse before Henry took a plastic bat to it. He had a blast hitting the ice off of the roof.

Jack and Brinley are sick! They both have colds.... AGAIN!!! This is what they look like most of the time. They have a warm corn bag under the blankets to keep them warm.

1 comment:

rabnerfamily said...

Oh, I miss you all! I wish we lived just a little bit closer. I Hope Brinley and Jack getting feeling better. We used our fireplace almost nonstop for three days last week- love it!