Kayla had a birthday!!! She turned 11 and I since I was at Girl's Camp and we don't have a single picture from her actual b'day I thought I'd do an end of elementary school/going into middle school post...(YIKES!!)
 |
| Kayla got a bunch of awards on the last day of school. She was in the District Honor Choir this year. |
 |
| She was on Safety Patrol |
 |
| She got the President's Education Award. All A's average and "Commended" on the STARR (Texas State Testing) |
 |
| For career day she dressed up to be a teacher. She made her own lanyard and badge. |
 |
| Honor choir concert |
 |
| With Mr. Genseal during the 3rd nine week awards. A lady in our ward said yesterday that she is so busy with all her kids activities, sports and banquets that another mom asked her, "Don't you just wish your kids were dumb and uncorodinated sometimes?" We'd sure be a lot less busy but I wouldn't trade it for anything! |
 |
| Kayla is in the Gifted and Talented program at school. She had to a bunch of very involved projects this year. One of the projects was doing a college analysis. She had to fill out a college application and figure out how much it would cost to attend, write her education plan, pick a major, make a brochure, present her project and fill out a job application for her post graduate career. She wants to go to BYU and be a teacher. Thanks to her cousin Gillian for the outfit! |
 |
| Another look at her presentation board |
Kayla also did a group project about Joseph Smith for school. She did an amazing job and stood up and told her whole class about the restoration of the church and the Book of Mormon. Can you tell that she wants to serve a mission too? We are pretty proud of her!

2 comments:
There is no way she is now 11. That is crazy it seems like yesterday she was just 7 and I was teaching her in primary. She is such a beautiful young lady. So smart and talented. You and Lars have one special girl. I really miss you and your family.
She is amazing! She would be a great teacher! I also think she has the determination (and amazing supportive parents) to achieve all she sets her mind to. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment