Thursday, March 17, 2011

Henry Turns SEVEN!!!

Since Henry's birthday was just 3 days before we headed to Ohio we opted out of a "friend" party this year. If you ever want to feel important and needed take cookies to your son's 1st grade class during lunch. WOW! I felt so popular!! I took Henry a kolache and a donut for lunch and I had a grocery bag sitting next to me on the table. Every kid in Henry's class came up to us at the "visitor table" and said, "Hello Henry's Mom!" or "Happy Birthday Henry!" or (whispering) "Did you bring us a treat?" It was very fun!!
On Saturday we went to Safari Stop at the Methodist Church in the Woodlands. It is this great indoor play area for kids - FREE!!!!!
Then we headed out for Henry's birthday dinner. He chose Olive Garden. It was as yummy as ever. They brought him an ice cream sundae with a candle in it. It was lots of fun!
Since Brinley had a slight fever Lars stayed home from church with her and made the birthday cake. He had specific instructions from Henry of how he was supposed to decorate it. Henry chose a "funfetti" cake mix and frosting but said that he didn't want the sprinkles on the frosting. Why not just get the plain white frosting, you ask.... Have you met Henry? Enough said! On the way home from church I called Lars to check on things. He confessed that the cake was horrible and awful! He said, "Just tell Henry his dad doesn't know anything about making cakes and can't decorate and obviously doesn't' know how to put sprinkles on frosting." Wait a minute... "You put the sprinkles on the cake? He didn't want the sprinkles on the cake!" They why did you buy the frosting with the sprinkles?" Anyway - I tried to prep Henry on the way home. I told him, "Honey, Daddy really tried but he said the cake looks bad and he put the sprinkles on it... If you hate it I'll make you one tomorrow." Wait for it... Wait for it... "Mom, dad really does know how to do things. I'm sure it's fine and I forgot that I do want sprinkles!" We got home and the Birthday Fairy must have given Henry an extra dash of 'nice' because he said as he looked at his cake, "This is the best cake ever! It's exactly what I wanted!" He's a special kid!!
Henry got some new Batman Trios, Phineas and Ferb silly bands, a new puzzle and a SpiderMan watch. And a haircut!

7 Thing I Love About Henry

1. He's smart (straight A's)

2. He's very helpful

3. He can dance like nobody's business

4. He is a great reader and always wants to be 1st for scriptures

5. He loves to play outside

6. He brushes his teeth without being asked

7. He's very meticulous and can't be rushed

WE LOVE YOU HENRY!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!!

1 comment:

Paul n Lea Larsen said...

We missed your Birthday Henry, Sorry. These Pictures and Comments are just perfect for you at this time. We love you and your family. It is exciting to watch you grow through this site. We hope you continue to be as great as you are now...Maybe even greater if possible.
Grandma and Grandpa Larsen.